Douglass Colony Receives Industry Accolades
November 4, 2013 (DENVER), Douglass Colony Group received the following industry honors for work performed at Castle Rock Adventist Hospital:
- October 18, 2013: The “Award of Excellence” (Category: Other Specialty Construction Less Than $10 Million) for Castle Rock Adventist Hospital and “Award at the Associated Builders and Contractor’s (ABC) Excellence in Construction (EIC) Awards.
- October 30, 2013: The “Award of Merit” (Category: Healthcare) for Castle Rock Adventist Hospital at the Engineering News Record (ENR) Project of the Year award show.
- November 1, 2013: The Bronze “Award for Construction Excellence (ACE)” (Category: Best Building Project- Sub $2 Million – $6 Million) for Castle Rock Adventist Hospital at the Associated General Contractors’ (AGC) ACE Awards.
The new state-of-the-art Castle Rock Adventist Hospital opened on August 1, 2013 and services the Douglas County community. The new 212,000 square foot, full-service, 4-story hospital includes 50 licensed beds and a full complement of hospital services including intensive care, medical/surgical, obstetrics, orthopedics, cardiology, neonatal intensive care, three operating rooms, two dedicated cesarean-section operating suites and a cardiac catheterization lab.
Douglass Colony installed a ballasted EPDM roof (tied-in to the existing), a Soprema modified bitumen roof, sheet metal, single skin screen wall panels, faux wood-grained braces, ACM composite panels and column covers.
Douglass Colony received the following industry accolades for work performed at DaVita World Headquarters:
- October 18, 2013: The “Award of Excellence” (Category: Exteriors) for DaVita World Headquarters at the Associated Builders and Contractor’s (ABC) Excellence in Construction (EIC) Awards.
- November 1, 2013: The Gold “Award for Construction Excellence (ACE)” (Category: Best Building Project- Under $2 Million) for DaVita World Headquarters at the Associated General Contractors’ (AGC) ACE Awards.
Located in Denver off the 16th Street Mall and adjacent to the Millennium Bridge, the 14-story DaVita building doesn’t just provide life-saving kidney dialysis services, but also a sanctuary for employees to enjoy. This 500,000 square foot office building / parking garage houses 950 “teammates” and serves to act as a “home away from home” by promoting a sense of community and fresh air access for teammates through multiple rooftop terraces.
Douglass Colony performed horizontal waterproofing on a variety of decks and installed plaza pavers and non-skid wood pavers, fully adhered white PVC membrane roofing, sheet metal flashing and trim, a custom rigidized steel cap on the 14th level terrace, snow guards, vapor barriers and planters.
“Associated Builders and Contractors is a national trade association representing over 23,000 merit shop contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers and construction-related firms in 75 chapters across the United States. The association’s membership includes all specialties within the U.S. construction industry and is comprised primarily of firms that perform work in the industrial, commercial and institutional sectors of the industry.” https://www.abcrmc.org/
ENR (Engineering News-Record) magazine provides up-to-date news, analysis, data and opinion regarding financial, legal, regulatory, safety, environmental, managerial, and labor issues within the construction industry. Subscribers include contractors, project owners/managers, engineers, architects, public works officials, and suppliers. https://www.enr.com/
The Associated General Contractors (AGC) of Colorado is “Colorado’s leading professional association for the state’s commercial building industry, representing nearly 400 firms. The membership of AGC/C is comprised of general contractors and subcontractors (both union and non-union shops, public and privately owned; and, from very large to very small), suppliers and professional service providers. Every year, AGC/C members complete 70 percent of the commercial building in the state of Colorado.” http://www.agccolorado.org/
About Douglass Colony Group:
Servicing Metro Denver since 1947, Douglass Colony Group specializes in roofing, metals, solar, waterproofing and so much more. From project planning to completion, Douglass offers knowledgeable, friendly staff, and quality materials to help you get the job done right. Douglass Colony Group has you covered from the ground up!
For more information, please contact Christy Maraone at 303-565-8729 or visit www.douglasscolony.com.