Douglass Colony Group is a full-service specialty contractor that has been servicing Denver and the entire Rocky Mountain region since 1947. Our mission is for each and every customer to be completely satisfied with the work we do. We provide our customers with excellent, seamless service from design to completion using quality materials, competent friendly communication, and innovative, energy-efficient solutions.
Douglass Colony Group has three locations throughout Colorado (Commerce City – HQ, Greeley, and Colorado Springs) and employs over 400 people including installers, designers/CAD draftsmen, superintendents, project managers, sales, accounting, safety professionals, and quality control specialists. The largest commercial roofing, metals, solar, waterproofing, and FRAMECAD-capable company in Colorado and the Rocky Mountain region, Douglass Colony’s materials, services, and expertise are unparalleled. With the experience and size to back our reputation, there is no limit to the services that we provide. In fact, we’ll happily tackle jobs other companies hesitate to take on. We are certified installers of every major manufacturer with a proven record of proficiency and will assist you on any project, with anything from budget numbers to design and development.
To help your business go Green, our sales team is LEED-accredited. Whether you are aiming for a specific LEED certification or simply looking to reduce your environmental footprint, our design and sales representatives will recommend a variety of products and applications to fit your needs.
Douglass Colony was founded in 1947 in Greeley, Colorado and incorporated as Earl F. Douglass Roofing Co. in 1961. The Company grew and opened a Denver office in 1973. Colony Metal was formed in 1983 to fill Colorado’s need for a full-service architectural metal systems company. As our work continued to lead us south, the Colorado Springs office was opened in 1991. In 2009, Earl F. Douglass Roofing and Colony Metal were merged to provide innovative solutions and unparalleled seamless service as Douglass Colony Group, Inc. Since then, we have distinguished ourselves with an expansive line of services, high performance product lines, a professional labor force, and lasting customer relationships.
For over 70 years, Douglass Colony has been an industry leader in commercial roofing, offering innovative, effective solutions for all roofing types. As Douglass Colony’s competencies grew over the years, so did our product offerings and services. Douglass Colony’s diversified portfolio now includes roofing (flat, steep, re-roofing), metals (sunscreens, composite wall panels, light-gauge steel trusses, metal roofing, sheet metal, flashings & trim, panelized metal stud framing using the FRAMECAD system), solar (photovoltaic, rooftops, ground mounts, parking canopies, awnings), waterproofing (horizontal and vertical applications, gardens), daylighting, and commercial roofing service and maintenance.
- Firestone Master Contractor
- GAF Master Elite Contractor
- Johns Manville Summit Club
- Englert #1 Dealer
- Carlisle Recognition
- Georgia Pacific Recognition
- Commerce City Business of the Year (2009 and 2011)
- ENR Mountain States Specialty Contractor of the Year (2014)
- ENR Top 600 Specialty Contractor (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
- ENR Best Project Winner- NREL RSF II (2012)
- ENR Best Project Award of Merit Children’s Hospital East Tower Addition and Castle Rock Adventist Hospital (2013)
- Roofing Contractor Top 100 Roofing Contractor (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
- ColoradoBiz Top 250 Private Companies (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
- AGC ACE Gold- Corporate Promotion (2011)
- AGC ACE Silver- St. Anthony’s (Subcontractor Project of the Year $2-$6mil) (2011)
- ENR Top 20 Under 40 (2012, 2013, 2014)
- SolarWorld Authorized Commercial Installer (2012)
- PV Powered Authorized Commercial Installer (2012)
- ABC Safety Award Winner (2012, 2013, 2014)
- ABC EIC Award of Merit- Denver Police Crime Laboratory (2012)
- ABC EIC Award of Excellence- Children’s Hospital East Tower Addition (2012)
- ABC EIC Award of Excellence- Castle Rock Adventist Hospital (2013)
- ABC EIC Award of Excellence- DaVita World Headquarters (2013)
- ABC EIC Award of Merit- Craig Hospital (2014)
- ABC EIC Award of Excellence- Colorado State Capitol Dome (2014)
- AGC ACE Gold- Denver Police Crime Laboratory (Subcontractor < $2 mil) (2012)
- AGC ACE Gold- DaVita World Headquarters (Subcontractor < $2mil) (2013)
- AGC ACE Bronze- Children’s Hospital East Tower Addition (Subcontractor $2-$6 million) (2012)AGC ACE
- Bronze- Castle Rock Adventist Hospital (Subcontractor $2 -$6 mil) (2013)
- AGC ACE Gold- Colorado State Capitol Dome (Subcontractor < $2mil) (2014)
- AGC ACE Bronze- Northern Colorado Springs Readiness Center (Subcontractor $2-$6 million) (2014)
- Top 100 Solar Contractor- Solar Power World
Join the Douglass Colony Team
2021 Gold Circle Winners
During NRCA’s Virtual Awards Ceremony held March 5, finalists, honorable mentions and winners of the Roofing Alliance’s 2021 Gold Circle Awards were announced. Gold Circle Awards recognize Roofing Alliance and NRCA members who make significant contributions to the roofing industry in various categories.